After eighteen years operating out of a small rented office on the Woodvale Road, Alternatives have now moved into a superb facility at 137 Agnes Street, Shankill Road. Through an Atlantic Philanthropies grant and supporting funds from Department of Social Development and Northern Ireland Housing Executive, Alternatives acquired & refurbished the premises to meet the specific needs of staff and their user groups.
Shankill Alternatives manager Billy Drummond stated “We are delighted with our new building. It will allow Alternatives to offer even more services and develop new opportunities for the benefit of the whole community. This is Alternatives investing long term in the Shankill community, where our pioneering work in Restorative Justice began twenty years ago”.
Alternatives offer a wide range of services that include:-
- Intensive Youth Support on a one to one basis for at risk youth
- Youth Development projects for general young people
- Mediation to resolve community conflict neighbourhood disputes
- Victim support for those affected by crime & anti-social behaviour as
- Employability & training programmes for those not in employment or education.
For further info Alternatives feel free to drop in to our office or telephone 02890 311420