Mediation and Community Support (MACS) is a service delivered in partnership with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. Designed to offer intervention and support for tenants involved in disputes.
MACS has been a part of Alternatives work for over 10 years now and has dealt with thousands of cases relating to community and tenant disputes. Our workers employ a restorative approach to all aspects of their work and partner with local agencies to ensure that any support required for individuals involved is available and accessible. MACS currently operates in Greater Shankill, North & South Belfast, as well as Bangor, Portadown & Magherafelt.
How MACS operates
- Operates in Greater Shankill, North & South Belfast, Bangor, Portadown & Magherafelt
- Takes referrals from NIHE, PSNI, local community organisations
- Works with individuals
- Provides opportunity for mediation
- Prevents conflict escalation
- Provides options for support to meet needs
- Promotes community safety